Hospital Sponsored Programs Office
The Icahn s10投注网址 of Medicine at Mount Sinai gained administrative responsibility for a number of research and sponsored projects when their Principal Investigators came to the Medical s10投注网址. Our provides guidance, training links, search tools and other resources to help you initiate and renew these projects.
Individual hospitals within the Mount Sinai Health System will be administering a small number of sponsored projects through the Hospital Sponsored Programs Office (HSPO). Our office is only engaged when the Medical s10投注网址 cannot qualify or function optimally as a recipient candidate.
s10投注网址We provide information to program directors regarding extramural funding opportunities and offer a variety of other services throughout the project lifecycle, including:
- assisting in proposal development
- negotiating agreements
- endorsing proposals and agreements for the institutional signatory
- interpreting guidelines
- promoting regulatory compliance
For questions about categorizing existing awards or applications, please consult your department-assigned Grants and Contracts Office grants specialist, or the Hospital Sponsored Programs Office at OGARA@chpnet.org.
The Hospital Sponsored Programs Office uses several forms:
- Information for Applications and Budget Preparation: See grid for general information, fringe benefit rates, and indirect cost rates.
- Sponsored Project Staff Changes/Additions: If you make a staffing change on a sponsored project, the extramural funding agency involved may require documentation of institutional approval. If so, contact OGARA@chpnet.org for review and authorization.
- Project Director Certification Form: PD Certification Form When initiating or renewing a grant or contract application, project directors must submit a completed Project Director Certification form, which we use to support review and signature by the institutional signatory. We will not submit an application for a sponsored project without this form. When completed, please return the form to OGARA@chpnet.org. The form includes three sections:
- Project Cost Status section, outlining expected costs and funding sources and requiring authorization/signature by all involved department chairs
- Checklist section, providing basic information on all projects to facilitate review and institutional authorization
- Certification section, which indicates authorization/signature by the Project Director.
- Hospital Rate Agreement: We use these approved rates on most grants, contracts, and other agreements with the federal government:
- Cost Sharing Form: Cost Sharing Form 2016. Cost sharing occurs when the institution bears a portion of the cost of an externally sponsored project, for example by committing staff effort at no cost to the project. If you propose cost sharing to an external sponsor, you must complete a Cost Sharing form, have it signed by the department administrator and Chair, forward it to the institutional signatory or finance department for concurrence, and submit it to HSPO before you submit the proposal. This procedure ensures that the department has identified an appropriate (not another grant) source to cover any proposed cost sharing prior to initiating an institutional commitment.
- Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) Forms/Guidance: Many publically funded procurements are or will be subject to MWBE requirements. Contractors/grantees need to follow specific requirements to establish MWBE utilization plans, use MWBE vendors, and demonstrate that they have achieved MWBE expenditure goals. The following forms are helpful in this process:
s10投注网址We provide a variety of to help you locate appropriate resources and support. These include:
- The Development Department, which focuses on funding opportunities from private sources (individuals, foundations, associations, and corporations), and authorizes submission of grant applications to sponsors for the institutional signatory. You should contact this department before you begin a funding application for guidance on institutional requirements. Call (646) 605-8745 for more information.
- The Hospital Sponsored Programs Office (HSPO), which provides information about funding opportunities from government sources, endorses submission of contract and grant applications to sponsors for the institutional signatory, and in some cases directly handles application submission. Contact OGARA@chpnet.org or Jean Stenard at (646) 605-8652 or firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance on submitting applications and for institutional deadlines and requirements.
Program directors seeking external funding to support projects must secure department and institutional approval before submitting an application to a sponsor. Our office reviews the application package, including the Project Director Certification and any ancillary/departmental authorizations, and helps you obtain institutional review and authorization. This process ensures that institutional activities work within the established legal and programmatic framework and facilitates and coordinates transmission of requests for funding. It also prevents having multiple individuals or departments respond to the same Request for Proposals or funding solicitation when multiple applications are not appropriate.
s10投注网址Please note that only institutional officers are authorized to sign grant proposals, sponsored project contracts, and grant agreements. Project directors and department heads do not have this authority.
The institutional signatory requires a period of time to review and authorize applications. Contact Jean Stenard at (646) 605-8652, email@example.com投注网址, for guidance on submitting applications and for institutional deadlines and requirements.
s10投注网址The Applications and Budget grid provides general information that you may need in preparing a sponsored project application or budget. This information includes administrative identification numbers, fringe benefit rates, and indirect cost rates.
Hospital Sponsored Programs Office
150 East 42nd Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017-5629
1 Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1627
New York, NY 10029-6574
Contact Jean Stenard
Tel: (646) 605-8652
Fax: (212) 241-3294
Icahn s10投注网址 of Medicine at Mount Sinai